Bengal Bouts: Semifinals, 166 pounds

Jason ‘Pretty Boy' Miller def. Matthew Gimlett
The first round opened with Gimlett focused on going low and attacking Miller's body, but Miller was able to counter and land punches when his senior classmate Gimlett crouched in preparation for a body shot.

The second round was much more patient; both fighters tested each other early and not many big punches were landed. For a good part of the round, both fighters bided their time before Miller unleashed another late-round combination that drove Gimlett into the corner.
The third round was markedly more energetic. Miller would land two punches, but Gimlett would come right back, adding a couple shots of his own. In the end, Miller's combinations prevailed over Gimlett's sneaky punches as Miller prevailed by split decision.

Gregory Bennett def. Nicholas Severyn

Bennett displayed an extremely aggressive mentality early, moving in and out, looking for quick evasions and jabs. The first round went back and forth between the fighters until the junior Severyn landed a combination on the sophomore in the corner at the end of the first round.

At the start of the second round, Bennett again came out with near-reckless abandon. Severyn began relying more and more on 1-2 punches in a fight that became extremely chippy.

In the third round the bout went back and forth; the fighters traded punches and got tangled up. In a neck-and-neck fight, the judges took Bennett's side in a split decision.