Clitheroe, Ward, Rocheleau win

The freshman, sophomore and junior classes decisively elected next year's Class Councils, without the need for run-off elections. The winning tickets will assume their roles April 1.

Juniors Kate Clitheroe, Cath Flynn, Michael Wagner and Evan James won the race for Senior Class Council with 52.1 percent of the vote.

They defeated their opposing ticket, juniors Tim Castellini, Jessica Leiferman, Brittany Johnson and Cole Patterson, who garnered 39.5 percent of the vote.

"I'm relieved and out of control excited. I'm so pumped," Class of 2011 president-elect Clitheroe said.

"I think we have a lot of new and exciting ideas for next year that really focus on being seniors and concluding our four years here," she said. "I think our enthusiasm about our platform just kind of gives it a lot more oomph. We're going to make it the best year we have had here."

Clitheroe said by the end of the year, she would like to hold a class rosary at the Grotto. In the fall, she said her administration will begin by focusing on an event to kick off the football season.

"We want to do something with the new season and the new coach … to get everyone excited," she said.

Sophomores James Joseph Ward, William Thwaites, Tess Fitzpatrick and Lauren Ruhling collected 52.9 percent of the vote to secure their position for Junior Class Council.

They defeated sophomores Chase Riddle, Paul Moya, CJ Kelly and Megan Carey, who won 36 percent of the vote.

"We're really honored to have this privilege to serve you guys," Class of 2012 president-elect Ward said. "We're excited for next year and we love the Class of 2012."

Ward said one of the main goals of his administration will be to hold events with the sophomore and senior classes next year.

"I feel that our class is already pretty unified," he said. "I feel like it's time that we start getting unified with the classes above and below us because those are the two we're going to be spending them most time here with."

Ward also commended his opposing ticket and said he looks forward to working with them next year.

"Chase and those guys put up a great campaign and they're all great kids," he said. "They have great ideas too and it will be exciting to work with them next year.

"Hopefully together we can crank out more than just the ideas that we had in the campaigns."

Freshmen Brett Rocheleau, Kevin Doherty, Kathleen Kehl and Patrick Adams were the winning ticket for Sophomore Class Council. They won with 53.9 percent of the vote.

The Rocheleau ticket ran against two opponents — freshmen Richard Bevington, Ashley Armendariz, Elliot Pearce and Sadaf Meghani, and freshmen John McKissick, Brianna Neblung. Alex Draime and Ian Trudell.

Rocheleau said he was "elated" and "excited" to win the election.

"With three tickets, we thought we were definitely going to go for a run-off on Thursday so knowing that the campaigning is done is a relief," he said.

Rocheleau said one of his main goals is to unify the Class of 2013.

"Our whole goal is to try to get the whole class more involved together, sort of break down barriers so we can work more as a class," he said.

He said he plans to do this by holding a dance for the freshmen class mid-April, holding more class trips next year and hosting a "Domecoming" in the fall, which would be comparable to other college's Homecoming events.

"We have experience. All four of us were a part of student government this past year so we sort of knew how the system worked," he said. "We think that we'll be very effective next year when we're in office."