Saint Mary's students hone business, social media skills through internship

Saint Mary’s students have brought the skincare and cosmetics company Ginamarie Products to campus through an internship in which they promote products on social media and compose monthly articles for the companys website.

Gina Marie McGuire, the owner of Ginamarie Products, has run the company by herself for almost 30 years, her daughter Christina McGuire, a junior at Saint Mary’s, said. She said this internship gives her classmates an opportunity to try the products she has used for as long as she can remember.

“As her daughter, Ive used the products my whole life, but now other people — especially here — are using it,” McGuire said. “Seeing that it actually helps people is the best part about doing this for me.”

McGuire said her moms mission is to show women prioritizing the health of their skin leads to beautiful results.

“It is to empower women — that is my mom’s main goal,” McGuire said. “You dont want to just put a product on your skin without knowing what it’s about, knowing what’s in it. When you have healthy skin, beauty automatically follows.”

Sarah Sniegowski, junior and Ginamarie Products intern, said the brands message goes beyond skincare.

“Our mission statement is to be role models to all women and to make an impact on the women around us,” Sniegowski said.

Sniegowski said this internship provides her with valuable business experience and the opportunity to try new products.

“As GM girls, we get to try all the skin care and some of the makeup products, and we also get to work on our blogging, photography and marketing throughout social media,” Sniegowski said. “We really focus on how it’s all clean cosmetics. All the makeup is water-based.”

Madison Marshall, junior and Ginamarie Products intern, said she feels proud to promote Ginamarie Products because she can share her input and experiences with the world.

“That’s our job, to get the word out and really inform people about how great Ginamarie Products are,” Marshall said. “And I can actually say that because I’ve actually used them.”

Marshall said this internship has made her passionate about skincare.

“I just want everyone to take an interest in their makeup and their skincare and start really educating themselves about what theyre putting on their skin and what makeup theyre using,” Marshall said.