Holy Cross announces move out plans

In a Saturday email to students, Dean of Students Andrew Polaniecki announced Holy Cross will begin the move out process May 6.

“Beginning on Wednesday, May 6, Holy Cross is able to provide Indiana residents access to residential halls for the retrieval of belongings from dorm rooms,” Polaniecki said in the email. “Then, beginning on Saturday, May 9 all students will have access to dorm rooms.”

Using a link for their residence building, students were given the option to select a day and time to retrieve their belongings.

According to the email, students must inform a hall staff member of their arrival and undergo a temperature check. Students are allowed to bring one guest to the residence halls to assist with the retrieval process; any other guests must remain in their vehicle. All visitors must follow social distancing guidelines and wear masks.

In an effort to minimize contact, students are required to bring their own cleaning supplies, gloves and packing supplies.

“When finished, students will complete a check-out sheet, leave keys and submit a picture of the clean/empty room,” Polaniecki said. “Rooms will be inspected by Holy Cross staff each evening to ensure proper move-out and check-out policies and procedures were followed.”

The College asks students who are ill or who have ill family members to stay home.

“Before traveling to campus, we ask everyone to be familiar with the appropriate local, state and federal COVID-19 guidelines regarding social distancing, essential travel, public gatherings and other activities so you can make your best decision given your specific situation and location,” Polaniecki said.