Leaders urge further input from members

Only three days into their new positions, members of the Council of Representatives (COR) focused on establishing goals for the upcoming year at the group's meeting Monday night.

Student body president Lizzi Shappell urged COR members to bring issues to her attention as they settle into their roles.

"We set the agenda for COR," Shappell said.

COR serves as a cabinet for Shappell. The Student Union Constitution defines the group as "the venue for leaders of student organizations to meet and advise the student body president."

Student body vice president Bill Andrichik echoed Shappell's call for input.

"[COR] is especially useful for groups like CCC (Club Coordination Council) and HPC (Hall Presidents Council), typical programming bodies," Andrichik said. "This gives you your policy voice."

Judicial Council president Liz Kozlow asked COR members to brainstorm ways to increase voting percentages and awareness of the Peer Advocacy program.

Senior class president Sheldon Dutes said he plans to bring a discussion of off-campus living to COR, as the majority of his class will reside off-campus next year.

With the future addition of four senators and a number of non-voting members who will be able to contribute input, Shappell said this year's COR promises to accomplish a great deal.

In other COR news:

uCOR confirmed Matthew Russo as policy branch controller.

Alex French was chosen as the director of communications, a non-voting position.

As director of communications, French will work alongside chief executive assistant Liz Brown in managing the affairs of the student body president and vice president.

"As the fourth in command, I want to work to lighten the load of [Shappell, Andrichik and Brown] because they have a heavy load to manage," French said.