SMC senior sits on Board of Trustees

Each year, the Saint Mary's Board of Trustees chooses one senior to serve as the student trustee. This year, the Board chose political science major Cate Cetta after she applied for the position and went through a series of interviews.

As student trustee, Cetta is required to attend the quarterly Board of Trustees meetings that take place on campus throughout the year.

"I am responsible for bringing the voice of the students to the Board," Cetta said. "[I am also responsible for] keeping a general awareness of students feelings on the happenings of Saint Mary's."

Cetta also attended the Board's retreat on campus in June, though this weekend's session will be her first official meeting.

Board meetings are held in June, October, February and April, meaning Cetta will serve as the student trustee for two more meetings until a new one is elected.

Cetta also feels that she will be able to impact the Saint Mary's community in her position with the Board, which will fulfill a goal she set for herself during her first year on campus.

"From the moment I arrived on campus freshman year, I knew I wanted to give back to Saint Mary's," she said.

This position is a great way to accomplish that, Cetta said.

"The student trustee position is the perfect opportunity to impact the lives of current and future Saint Mary's women, and I am excited to do my part," she said.