Moreau box office begins Web ticket sales

Don't have time in your schedule to walk to the box office to purchase tickets? Problem solved. The Moreau Center for the Arts announced Sept. 30 they now provide an option to buy online tickets.

"We have heard several comments from patrons concerning our box office hours, specifically that we aren't open on weekends or past 5 p.m. for those that work a normal workday," Patron Services and Marketing Manager Chris Selleck said. "Now our patrons have the ability to purchase their tickets 24/7 from their own home."

Patrons are able to choose their seats online and print their tickets at home, she said.

All tickets - printed at home or bought at the box office - have barcodes that are scanned at the doors prior to entering an event to ensure their authenticity, Selleck said. This online feature is unique to the Moreau Center, she said.

"To the best of my knowledge, we are the only arts organization in the area that is using this technology," Selleck said.

If the online box office succeeds, the system may be used by other Saint Mary's College venues.

"Our hope is to also expand our ticketing system into other areas of the College such as athletic events. This new system is revolutionizing the way we do

´ticketing at Saint Mary's College."

Patrons still have the option to buy tickets at the box office either in person or by phone Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tickets can also be purchased at the door one hour prior to the start of the show.

Selleck said she hopes the online system will shorten lines the night of performances.

"Typically we have a large walk-up," she said. "In addition, many of the students attending the performance will arrive only 10 minutes prior to curtain, which causes us to be very swamped. My hope is that students will utilize the online system to purchase and print their tickets ahead of time, which in turn will alleviate lines at the box office prior to the show."

Feedback so far has been positive, Selleck said.

"I haven't received a lot of personal feedback yet," she said. "I've heard from a few people that think the system is very easy to use and liked it."

The system is ready for use, and the arts center has already sold several tickets online.

To purchase tickets visit the Moreau Center of the Arts Web site MoreauCenter.com and click on "Purchase Tickets Now."