NDSP arrests three during game

While the Irish battled the Washington Huskies in the rain Saturday, South Bend Police and Notre Dame Security Police (NDSP) arrested three people outside the stadium and 34 people were asked to leave the stadium, director of NDSP Sergeant Phil Johnson said.

Johnson said one person was arrested for "public intoxication and vandalism, one for public intoxication and trespass and one for trespass."

Each person was transported to Saint Joseph County Jail. Police also issued one summons to an "intoxicated person for under age alcohol violation and released her to a sober adult," Johnson said.

Of the 34 people removed from the stadium, most of the incidents stemmed from "impairment or possession of alcohol," Johnson said.

Attendance for the University's game day initiatives was also high Saturday, assistant vice president for University Events and Protocol and director of Game Day Operations Michael Seamon said.

Seamon said 4,013 people visited the stadium tunnel on Friday, while 6,500 attended the pep rally on Irish Green.

Before the game Saturday, 4,125 people attended events on Irish Green, Seamon said. He also said 485 cars were able to park on Burke Golf Course, although "there was limited parking on the golf course due to the weather."