Bengal Bouts: Semifinals, Heavyweight

Will "at the Edge of Darkness" Burroughs def. Timothy Latham
In a downright dominating performance from captain Burroughs, the law student never really had a doubt in his mind that he was going to put an end to senior Latham's attempt at an upset. After Latham tried to put Burroughs on his heels with a quick combo right after the opening bell, a combo that Burroughs simply absorbed, Burroughs put Latham in the corner with one counterpunch. That's where it ended. Burroughs sent a flurry of body punches that landed with a thud in the ribcage of Latham. When Latham slid his arms down to cover, Burroughs pounded him a few times before the referee stopped the fight less than 20 seconds after the opening bell.

Kevin "The Long Beach Lumberjack" Crepeau def. David "Dutch" Stedman

In a much closer battle than the bout before it, the two southpaws had a great test of mettle. The bout started with an exchange that went both ways for a while, but when the junior Crepeau landed vicious a left hook to the body, senior Stedman hit the mat. In the second, Crepeau came back out on the offensive. Stedman tried to counter, but did so ineffectively. After blow to the chest, Stedman staggered again. But Stedman kept battling back. After the bell rang to start the third, Stedman got right in on Crepeau and landed three consecutive left hands to the body, seemingly knocking the air out of Crepeau. Although Crepeau was ahead in the fight for all three rounds, he just did not have anything left in the tank to finish Stedman off, but still won in a split decision.