Spartz Media Sites

OMG-Facts

Launched in February of 2010, OMG-Facts is one of the most successful brands of Spartz Media. The brand's video show boasts over 500,000 subscribers on YouTube, and the eight new facts the website rolls out each day are simply addicting. Who doesn't want to know, for instance, that "'Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia' is the fear of long words"?

GivesMeHope

Its tagline is "FML for Optimists." Beginning June of 2009, GMH delivers short anecdotes of love, kindness and friendship that are cute but somehow not nauseating. A corresponding book, "Gives Me Hope: 127 Most Inspiring Bite-Sized Stories" was published in November 2010.

MuggleNet

Any true Potter fan, which describes a hefty chunk of generation Y, knows MuggleNet is the world's No. 1 Harry Potter site. Twelve-year-old Spartz founded the site in 1999, and it has since published two books, one of which is a "New York Times" Bestseller. Perhaps the success of the site in the world of Potter can be best exemplified by the fact that J.K. Rowling herself called Spartz in 2005 to offer him a face-to-face interview in Scotland. 

Memestache

Memestache launched in July 2011. Trust Spartz Media when they say, "it'll grow on you." How does it work? Someone finds a picture, adds a comedic caption and then the image begins to circulate with different, equally absurd captions. Popular memes like "Hipster Kitty" or "Annoying Facebook Girl" are surefire homework prevention methods. 

Rich World Problems

"There are real problems …  and then there are rich world problems."