An enjoyable time

In response to the letters "Gameday Noise" and "Don't mess with tradition," (Oct. 25) I'd like to say that I had a great time at the game!

So, I can't really build up my image and opinion by prefacing that I'm some legacy student with a strong Catholic history because I'm not a legacy student, I'm not Catholic, I don't have this long history of support for Notre Dame going back to my great-great-whoever, and to be honest I didn't know a thing about this University until I sent in my application letter. I still haven't even watched Rudy yet!

Even so, as your (less than) average-Joe student here at the University, I can say wholeheartedly that even though we lost, even though there was loud music blaring and even though things were different at the game as a whole, I still felt connected with the rest of the student body and my fellow seniors as we blew out our voice boxes to cheer our team on.

Perhaps I don't have the same grasp on tradition as most of the student body, or as most of the wonderful alumni of this school. But as a one time deal, I saw the music as understandable and I think that there's no reason to be irate. There was a lot of energy in the stadium, and the student section was engaged. I think that was their goal, and it was achieved.

While I agree that we would have cheered just as hard without the music, it sure was a lot of fun to cheer with it.

Theresa Gaines

senior

Pasquerilla West Hall

Oct. 25