Asian Allure on the horizon

I left my family 8,500 miles away in Hyderabad, India. But I've found a whole new family here at Notre Dame. Right from international orientation, where I met my some of my best friends, to today, heading to rehearsal for Asian Allure, the time I've spent so far has been scary, interesting and thoroughly enjoyable. As an international student, the Asian American Association was one of the first few places I was introduced to other Asian students, both from abroad and from the United States.

While I spend a lot of time doing a variety of things around campus, I still always look forward to quality time with the people who are a part of AAA. It is an incredible support system; while it offers the opportunity of comfort and familiar surroundings, it also encourages all-around engagement on campus and it has allowed me to learn so much. Not only have I been exposed to other Asian cultures and the culture in America, but I have also been able to further explore my own culture, and I love talking to people who are interested in learning more about Indian music, movies and food (not the dining hall version).

Asian Allure is the perfect platform for all the wonderful cultures to come together in a beautiful performance of diversity and integration. I look forward to it every year and it is one of my favorite weekends. I want to be a part of all the shows, but I think this semester taking part in three shows with five costume changes is more than I can handle. It's great for the people involved to showcase their talent, and it's a fantastic night for the rest of campus to come watch a spectacular series of events. Everyone puts in so much effort, and the result is an amazing display of color, joy and timelessness. Buy your ticket as soon as possible, and don't forget to clap and cheer really loudly! Hope to see you there, either on Friday at 7:30 p.m. or Saturday at 4 p.m.

Thanks!

Always,

Nikita Taniparti

sophomore

Badin Hall

Oct. 30