University appoints new director of admissions

Christy Pratt replaced Bob Mundy as director of admissions, the University announced in a press release Monday.

Mundy, who has had a 36-year-long career at Notre Dame, will assist Pratt with onboarding before he leaves in August, according to the release.

“Bob Mundy has provided Notre Dame with a deep sense of wisdom and thoughtful caring in his 36 year career. Bob’s stature in the national community of admissions leaders and high school counselors has represented exactly the type of intelligent, thorough and spiritual approach that matches the University mission,” Don Bishop, associate vice president of enrollment management, said. 

Pratt has 18 years of experience in higher education, according to the release. She received a bachelor’s degree from Frostburg State University and a master’s degree from Hood College. Before coming to Notre Dame, Pratt worked in college admissions at Hood College, Frederick Community College, East Carolina University and the University of Virginia, the release said.

At UVA, Pratt served as the senior associate dean for undergraduate admissions where she helped in “achieving UVA’s admissions and recruitment goals while increasing the academic and diversity profile of the first-year and transfer classes,” the release said. She also serves on national and regional councils for organizations such as the College Board, Questbridge and Posse, the release said.

“Christy Pratt has established a great national presence of leadership in the field of highly selective university admissions,” Bishop said. “She is a dedicated professional who cares about students, assisting them to make informed and personally inspired choices. That sense of caring balanced with her reputation as an organizational management leader has benefited her past institutions. … Christy appreciates that Notre Dame is different, and we look forward to how she will help us make a difference in the lives of the students we seek to cultivate.”

Pratt said she is “honored” to accept the position of director of admissions at the University. 

“Notre Dame’s commitment to faith and service along with a world-renowned education is a powerful combination for our students,” she said. “The opportunities presented for students at Notre Dame simply do not exist at other institutions and are part of what makes Notre Dame unique. I am excited to work with such a talented admissions staff and alumni network to enroll the next generation of students. We will build upon the outstanding foundation that my friend and colleague Bob Mundy has achieved over his career.”

Pratt begins her tenure as director of admissions on July 8.