Irish to face Bellarmine on Saturday

The men’s lacrosse team will be back in action this weekend in Arlotta Stadium against Bellarmine. This will be the Irish’s second game of the season after beating Robert Morris 19-7 last weekend.

The Irish had 13 different players score in last weekend’s game with sophomore attack Pat Kavanaugh tying the school record for most points in a game with nine points. Kavanaugh was named to the USILA Team of the Week for his performance.

The defense was also spectacular for the Irish in last weekend’s game. Robert Morris has averaged 15.3 goals so far this season, but the stout Irish defense was able to hold them to just seven.

The Irish are currently ranked eighth in the national poll, but they look to have their work cut out for them down the road as there are currently four other ACC teams in the top ten. Duke is currently the top team in the country, followed by North Carolina in the second spot, Syracuse in sixth and Virginia in ninth.

The Irish will see all four of these teams over the course of the season, March through May, and will play Duke and Syracuse twice.

Notre Dame’s opponent on Saturday afternoon will be Bellarmine, who has a 1-4 record on the year. Bellarmine’s most recent game was also against Robert Morris and they lost 18-7.

Saturday will be the sixth meeting between Notre Dame and Bellarmine with the Irish holding a 5-0 record in the all-time series. The teams most recently played each other in 2016 with Notre Dame winning 11-6 at Arlotta Stadium.

Saturday’s game will start at 4:00 pm in Arlotta Stadium. There will be a limited number of students allowed at the game with gates opening thirty minutes prior to the start. It can be viewed on ACC Network Extra.