Thursday, May 16, 2024

What’s the deal with MOOV: Inside scoop

The MOOV app has gained some serious traction in the tri-campus community, gaining around two thousand users in the first week since its launch. The app, created by Notre Dame students Kevin Camson and Alvin Alaphat, focuses on socializing the Notre Dame community with one another and the South Bend region. I figured since I’ve gotten the chance to work with the founders, I’d give everyone an insider look at what MOOV is really about, including how I’d rate its potential for success.

What is MOOV?

MOOV is an app that is only accessible to students. It allows the ND/SMC/HC community to learn more about what events are happening on a day-to-day basis. Events can range from parties to spiritual gatherings. Quite literally anything you can think of, MOOV would have it. Some of its most prominent features include the easy format of the app itself, shareable events (you can either find or create them), a community feature, which focuses on the events you’re most interested in, a thermal heat map and of course, a vibe check. My favorite by far is the vibe check, because why would you go if the vibes aren’t immaculate?

Is it free? Downloading MOOV is 100% free, which is yet another perk. Once you get the app (again, you’ve got to use your student login), you can choose to make in-app payments for passes to events, which would guarantee entry. I personally find this to be super convenient and safe to use, but if you’re not the type to pay with your phone, you can definitely still reap the benefits of MOOV.

Current Rating While the app still has several physical features it could improve upon, I think it has major potential. The type of potential that goes beyond the local stage and enters a nationwide market. College students everywhere are going to need something like this. Why? Convenience. Being on MOOV has made communication with my groups ten times easier, and I find myself checking the app on a regular basis to know what I should be on the lookout for. The founders are super passionate about MOOV and I feel that their team is going to put 110% in until every Notre Dame student gets on the app. So, if you haven’t already, take it from me. Get the app. I’m giving it a solid 10 based on the dedication, potential and boosts the company has already seen. It’s Saturday night so I’m going to quit writing this and figure out what the MOOV is. Peace.