Longtime safety commit Adon Shuler signs letter of intent with Irish

On Wednesday morning, New Jersey and Irvington High School product Adon Shuler officially signed his National Letter of Intent to play at the University of Notre Dame. Shuler was one of Notre Dame’s longest-standing pledges, verbally committing to the university in August of 2021. He affirmed his initial pledge despite picking up offers from college football heavyweights like Alabama and Georgia over the course of the last year. According to Rivals, Shuler ranks as the 22nd-best prospect in Notre Dame’s fourth-ranked 2023 recruiting class.

Shuler receives a 5.7 recruiting rating on Rivals which sits at the top end of the “All-Region Selection” section on the Rivals recruiting grade scale. That grade goes to potential All-Conference selections and low-end NFL draft prospects, according to Rivals. Shuler also ranks as the 38th-best safety by the service.

A first-team all-state selection by NJ.com in 2022, Shuler notched over 100 tackles in his senior campaign. He added three interceptions and a forced fumble. He contributed on the opposite side of the ball as well, rushing 43 times for 567 yards and four touchdowns in addition to notching 7 catches for 95 yards. Shuler, paired alongside 2024 Irish recruit Vaboue Toure, helped anchor the Irvington defense. They allowed more than 21 points just once in eleven outings this fall. In a few weeks, Shuler will suit up to represent the Irish in the All-American bowl. He is one of the eight Notre Dame pledges to make the trip down to San Antonio for the game.

Shuler has been a vocal recruiter for the Irish since his verbal commitment. He often takes to Twitter to encourage other recruits to join him in the class. Most recently, Shuler played a major role in Notre Dame’s chase to lock down the signature of five-star safety and verbal commit Peyton Bowen, who ultimately flipped to Oregon.