Task force reports given

In a brief meeting consisting solely of task-force reports, committee chairs laid out plans to further existing initiatives in the Campus Life Council's (CLC) meeting Monday afternoon in LaFortune.

Input task force chair and student body president-elect Liz Brown announced the online applications to join university committees are up and running.

"We've gotten several applications already, at least 15 to 20," she said.

Students can submit an application to be part of one of seven committees, such as the University Committee for Academic Technologies or the Advisory Committee on Academics and Student Life. The committees have student representatives selected by either the University or student body president.

Additionally, after discussing wording with peer advocacy, the "du Lac Abridged" pamphlet was finalized and will be printed after price quotas are collected. The pamphlet lists some of the most commonly violated policies of the student handbook "duLac."

Student senator and task force on student concerns chair Danny Smith will meet with ticket office director Josh Berlo next week to discuss student ticketing for the upcoming football season. He said the ticket office will be releasing some information on student ticketing fairly soon.

Smith's committee has also been researching the use of podcasting at other universities and will be able to bring some information to CLC in the near future.

Bill Andrichik, student body vice president and task force on conduct awareness chair, said the CLC-approved letter regarding the gambling task force has been sent to vice president for Student Affairs Father Mark Poorman.

In light of CLC's discussion on pornography in the residence halls last meeting, Heather Rakoczy, Gender Relations Center director, will speak to the task force next week to discuss the larger problem of the objectification of women.