Football: Irish get third-ever win over Devils

The Irish have faced Duke just four times before. The previous meeting between the two teams occurred in 1966 when the Irish defeated the Blue Devils 64-0.

Williams gets startFreshman nose tackle Ian Williams earned his first career start with the Irish. This season, 27 Irish players started for the first time in their careers.

Clausen tosses TDsFreshman quarterback Jimmy Clausen's 25-yard pass to Grimes marked his longest pass this season. He tied that record 73 seconds later with another pass - this time to fellow freshman Duval Kamara.

Laws breaks 100Senior Trevor Laws was the fifth Notre Dame lineman to achieve over 100 tackles in a single season. Laws has 105 this season. Other Irish players to achieve this honor are Steve Niehaus with 113 in 1975, Ross Browner with 104 in 1977, Melvin Dansby with 103 in 1997 and Jeff Weston with 101 in 1975.

Carlson reaches milestonesSenior John Carlson recorded his second longest career reception with his 41-yard catch in the first quarter. His longest reception was a 61-yard touchdown against Michigan State in 2006. Carlson's 97 career receptions are the second most of any tight end in Irish history. Ken MacAfee holds the record, with 128 receptions between 1974 and 1977.

Kamara's recordKamara's four touchdown receptions this season are the most ever by a Notre Dame freshman.

Aldridge injuredSophomore starting halfback James Aldridge rolled his ankle in the first half of the game.