Farewell Professor Langan

This is a sad week for many Notre Dame students because philosophy professor Jeff Langan will be delivering his final lecture at Notre Dame. Professor Langan will be pursuing a position at Holy Cross College because he was not able to attain a stable position here. We regret that future students will not have the opportunity to take a course with him.

As his former students, we have had the great fortune of having him as a professor and many of us can truly say that he is the best professor we have had at Notre Dame and that he has changed our lives. In his classes, Professor Langan taught his students that philosophy is more than arguments, premises and conclusions. Philosophy is the love of wisdom and truth - it concerns how one lives. It actually deals with everyday life.

Professor Langan inspired so many students that a significant number of them have become philosophy majors. He has been the most inspiring, helpful and caring professor we know at Notre Dame. From his seven-point quizzes that kept us honest in our reading to his end-of-the-year barbeque at his home to his hilarious anecdotes about all sorts of things, Professor Langan has been all that a professor should be.

We deeply regret his leaving Notre Dame because the University is losing a wonderful professor who inspired many students to love philosophy. Professor Langan, we will miss you, though we hope that Holy Cross students will not miss this great opportunity to learn from you.

Jon Buttaci

Adam Hoock

Kristen Infusino

Julian Lagoy

Andrew John Linn

Victor Saenz

Britton Snyder

Chris Spellman

Anne Witt

Richard Ybarra

students

April 28