Men's Swimming: Men travel to Cleveland for tri-meet

Notre Dame travels to Cleveland State this weekend to take on the Vikings and Miami (OH) to compete in a tri-meet with the two schools.

In Notre Dame's last meet, it fell to 1-2 on the season with a loss to No. 16 Purdue on Nov. 8. The Irish were overmatched on the diving board, where 2008 Beijing Olympian David Boudia set two Rolfs Aquatics Center records for Purdue.

In their last matchup, the Irish defeated the Vikings 171-124 at the Rolfs Aquatic Center last November. The Irish have won their past 13 meets against Cleveland State. Under Coach Tim Welsh, the Irish are 21-2 against the Vikings.

On the other hand, Notre Dame has not swum against Miami in just over 10 years. The Irish and the RedHawks last met on Nov. 7, 1998 in a quad-meet with Purdue and Iowa State. The Irish finished third in the meet while the RedHawks finished fourth.

Heading into the meet, the Irish hope to see continued high performance from sophomore Michael Sullivan, who was named Big East swimming and diving athlete of the week. Sullivan earned the honor for his efforts against Purdue, where he won both the 200-yard backstroke and 400-yard individual medley with season best times in both events.

The meet is scheduled to begin on Saturday at 2 p.m. at Cleveland State's Robert F. Bubsey Natatorium.