Student body votes through Falvey's new constitution

The Saint Mary's College student body passed a new constitution, which student body vice president Sarah Falvey and her committee spent the entire year writing, with 81 percent of the vote last week.

"It was pretty strongly supported and I am very proud of it," Falvey said.

The official turnover to the 2009-2010 Board of Governance is April 1. Student body president Mickey Gruscinksi delivered her last commissioners report Monday.

Gruscinksi said she met with campus information technology personnel about putting a printer in the Student Center.

"This will be a trial run," Gruscinksi said. "A printer will be placed behind the front desk and students will be able to print from their print limit."

Students will be limited to 10 pages per printing session. Student desk workers will be trained in changing the paper. At the end of next semester, it will be evaluated to see if the printer should stay.

"Hopefully it will work out and you will have a printer to print from in the Student Center next year," said Gruscinski.

Women's studies chair Becki Faunce presented a co-sponsorship asking for funds for three seniors and one junior to attend the North-Central Sociological Conference in two weeks in Dearborn, Mich.

"Not everyone is a sociology major, but everyone engaged in some kind of sociological related project, also involving women's studies, economics, and history," Faunce said.

The three seniors going will present their senior comprehensives to the conference. The College sends students to this conference every year.

"This is an incredible opportunity to showcase Saint Mary's talents", Faunce said.

Other BOG news

uReturning Student Activities Board President Michele Peterson said they will accept applications for board members starting this week.

uAlumnae Chair Emily Perry said there will be a Speed Networking site Wednesday, April 1 in Stapleton Lounge from 6:30-8 p.m. It is an event to provide students a few minutes to talk to professionals in the community to gain networking skills.

uReligious Commissioner Sarah King announced several events to celebrate Holy Week next week. The events include Reconciliation in Regina Chapel next Tuesday and campus-wide stations of the cross in the LeMans Chapel next Wednesday.