Bengal Bouts: Quarterfinals, 160 pounds

John "My Body is a Wonderland" Maier def. Colin "The Lion" King

The freshman King came flying out of the gate after the opening bell, trying to put the senior Maier on his heels.

But Maier would not budge and kept King from attacking with strategic jabs to the head. In the second round, King continued his attempt to stay on the offensive, but Maier's jabs would not let him do so.  In the third round, Maier took over and solidified his unanimous victory.

Kevin Goodwin def. James "Jimbo Slice" Bowers

The senior Goodwin and freshman Bowers put on a good show as both boxers battled aggressively through all three rounds. In the first round, Goodwin landed a few uppercuts to Bowers' face, but Bowers' retaliation was just as forceful.

The match continued in this back and forth manner, as the boxers fought just as hard in the third round as they did in the first. In the end, it was Goodwin's initial efforts that won him the split decision.

Daniel "Cabbage Patch" Chapman def. James "Rambo" Fultz

The sophomore Chapman controlled most of this bout, as the freshman Fultz could not land the counter he was looking for.

For most of the fight, Chapman dealt out a steady diet of left-right combinations, occasionally landing clean shots to Fultz's head. After two close rounds, Chapman stayed on the offensive in the third round and won by unanimous decision.

Alex "Gatito Loco" Oloriz def. Joseph "McManimal" McMahon

Oloriz established his dominance early in the first round, as he focused on jabs to the body and McMahon quickly tired.

Oloriz continued to string together multiple forceful jabs to the head and stomach in the second round and pinned McMahon against the ropes on multiple occasions.
Although McMahon, a junior, refused to give up, Oloriz prevailed in a unanimous decision.