Group discusses Le Mans basement project

Saint Mary's College Student Government Association (SGA) discussed which colors should be used to decorate the Le Mans Hall basement Wednesday.

The basement is being redecorated as SGA's Capital Fund project.

"Our goal today at the end of this meeting is that we are going to have one color pallet, color scheme, picked out," student body president Rachael Chesley said.

SGA discussed three different color pallets. The first was a light green with coral and teal accents. The second pallet consisted of a warm yellow with aqua marine blue and light pink accents. The final color pallet was pale orange with coral and navy accent colors.

"When we were talking accent colors we didn't mean whole walls," Kelly Lyons, senior class president, said. "We are talking [about] the accessories of the room."

SGA voted to eliminate the orange, coral and navy color pallet and continued to discuss the other two options.

"This is our room we're creating," Chesley said.

According to Chesley, the color scheme should be unique and should not be the same colors that are seen throughout campus.

Lyons said she wanted the color scheme to be "homey."

Chesley said the Board should focus on "choosing a color that you feel could be versatile no matter what we choose or what they choose in the future."

According to Chesley, it was important for SGA to consider the color pallet for future years so as to choose colors that were timeless.

SGA members voted to pursue the light green color pallet with coral and teal accents.

The Board also discussed the different zones that should be included in the basement.

SGA discussed having eight different zones within the basement.

"One of them would be a TV, Wii [video game system and a] video game area," Lyons said.

Additional zones included a kitchen and vending zone, a movie space and game area.

SGA also discussed posting bulletin boards in the basement, as well as a world map.

All of SGA's ideas will be presented to a designer who will assist in the remodeling of the basement.

There will be no SGA meeting next week due to Thanksgiving.