Thank you St. Edward's Hall

I'm writing this letter today to say thank you to both Fr. Ralph Haag and the students in St. Edward's Hall. First of all, Fr. Ralph is a very kind and generous person. Without getting into specifics, Fr. Ralph has gone above and beyond to help me and my family. On many occasions he had come to my aid both personally and professionally and because of him my life is much better. He offers this help without question and was a source of support through a rough time. I've heard on countless occasions comments by students indicating how much they love and appreciate Fr. Ralph and all he does for everyone. St. Edward's Hall is blessed to have him as a rector.

I would also like to say that the students that live in the hall are among the most courteous and respectful group of people I know. They are considerate of the staff and their peers. They make it a priority to keep things clean and orderly, which makes my job so much easier. They show a deep level of respect for their school, housekeepers and fellow students by leaving things tidy and organized and ensure that the building and facilities are well cared for during their stay. They make sure to find me daily to say good morning. They treat me as an equal or a second mother instead of an employee. They make it enjoyable to come to work.

Both Fr. Ralph and the students of St. Edward's Hall should be very proud of the way they carry themselves. They are a shining example of the Catholic mission and way of life. I would just like to thank them personally because they are a joy to know and serve.

I hope they both know how much they are appreciated.

Maem Detaksone

Notre Dame building services employee

Jan. 17