Irish finish ninth at ACC championship

Notre Dame tied for ninth of 12 teams at the ACC championship in Pawleys Island, South Carolina, at the Reserve Golf Club.

The Irish started the first day of the tournament strong, and at the conclusion of the first day of the three-day tournament, the Irish were in a three-way tie for seventh place with both Boston College and Louisville shooting a team total of 298. The second day of the tournament, the Irish pulled ahead of both the Cardinals and the Eagles to solely secure seventh place by themselves at the end of day two with a total of 297 for the day and a team total of 595, one shot ahead of Louisville and two shots ahead of Boston College.

The Irish hit some snags on the final day, shooting a team total of 306 in the tournament the Irish fell two spots and secured a ninth place tie with Boston College for a team total of 901 in the event.

Ultimately, Duke won their 20th ACC championship with a combined team score of 859 over the three-day period. Blue Devils junior Leona Maguire finished first individually with a cumulative score of 210, which put her at six-under par.

Irish head coach Susan Holt was disappointed in how her team finished the ACC championship. Holt said the team’s finish was in keeping with the lack of consistency her team has struggled with all season.

“Overall very disappointed in the teams finish at ACC's,” Holt said. “We put ourselves in position after the second day to have a respectable finish but just didn't get the job done in the final round. We have very good players that just didn't perform at the level they are capable of. Unfortunately, we could only come up with three good rounds each day. We have struggled all semester to get four good rounds each day.”

While critical of her team’s overall performance Holt praised the play of sophomore Emma Albrecht, who finished tied for 17th overall with three-over par 219. Albrecht’s three-over par finish is the fourth-best finish by a Notre Dame golfer at an ACC championship.

“Emma had another great tournament,” Holt said. “She has played as well as anyone in the country this spring. Her level of consistent play has been really impressive. Hopefully, she will be selected to represent Notre Dame Women's Golf at the NCAA Regionals.”

Other top finishers for the Irish included senior Jordan Ferreira and sophomore Isabella DiLisio. Ferreira shot a three day total of 227, which earned her 33rd overall in tournament. DiLisio finished tied for 43rd with a total of 229. Sophomore Maddie Rose Hamilton and junior Alison Snakard finished 49th and 53rd, respectively, out of a group of 60 golfers from all twelve ACC teams.