Party like it's 1922

To all members of the tri-campus community,

The Notre Dame Sophomore Class Council will be hosting its annual Great Gatsby dance on Saturday, Jan. 26 from 10 p.m. - 1 a.m. in the Dahnke Ballroom of the Duncan Student Center.

We are proud to announce that in addition to providing those in attendance with a DJ, free food and a lively atmosphere, we have done what previous class councils have thought impossible.

Not only will those in attendance have the wonderful opportunity to feast on cocktail shrimp, Chick-fil-A, vegetable platters, chocolate strawberries and plenty of other snacks; not only will they be graced with the presence of the one and the only DJ DuLac; not only will students be able to enjoy a great, 1920s-themed time with their peers in the swanky Dahnke Ballroom. But instead, Fr. Pete McCormick, director of Campus Ministry at Notre Dame, has agreed to bartend during the event! Fr. Pete will be hand-making serving non-alcoholic “mocktails,” which will be made-to-order throughout the night.

All students who attend the University of Notre Dame, Saint Mary's College or Holy Cross College are invited. Students will be required to show a valid Notre Dame, Saint Mary’s or Holy Cross ID. The event is free to attend. Doors close at 10:30 p.m. sharp.

For additional information about the dance, please contact Sophomore Class president Samuel Cannova scannova@nd.edu, special projects committee co-chair, Michael Dunn mdunn8@nd.edu or the other special projects committee co-chair, Michael Dugan mdugan1@nd.edu

[Editor’s Note: Michael Dugan serves as Systems Administrator for The Observer].

We look forward to seeing you there!

Michael Dunn

Sophomore Class Council, special projects committee co-chair

Jan. 24