Sunday, May 12, 2024

The Observer’s Fantasy Corner Week 11

Week 11 of the NFL is approaching, and with just seven weeks left, we are in for some exciting matchups. Over the next few weeks, fantasy teams will be fighting for a chance to be in the playoffs and making sure their team dominates. We have the info here at Fantasy Corner to help make sure your team makes it into the playoffs this year. 

Sam Ouhaj-

Who to Start: Jaylen Waddle, WR, Miami Dolphins

Since Tua has returned to the Dolphins, his connection with Waddle has been fantastic. The two played together at Alabama, so the chemistry is there, but with an injury to DeVante Parker, Waddle has had to step up significantly. He has scored double-digit points in his last two games and is becoming targeted almost ten times a game. The Dolphins will be facing the New York Jets this Sunday, and though the game will be a snooze fest, I expect Waddle to have a fantastic day. The Jets just allowed two receivers to go over 100 yards against the Bills, and their secondary is a mess. Play Waddle with confidence.  

Who to Sit: Cordarelle Patterson, RB, Atlanta Falcons

The Dallas Cowboys dominated the entire game and never allowed Patterson to get going. Perhaps the most explosive player this season, Patterson was held to just 4.9 points against a Dallas defense that was run over by the Denver Broncos a few weeks ago. While Dallas is among the top three teams in the league, and their game against Denver was a fluke, the Falcons still failed to move the ball. Unfortunately for Atlanta, they are going against one of the hottest teams in the league right now, the New England Patriots, and on a short week. Bill Belichick removes your best players and forces you to play left-handed, which is not suitable for Patterson owners. Patterson is also a familiar face in New England, and knowing Belichick, I am sure he knows the exact game plan from Patterson. Stay away from him this week. 

Who to Pick Up: Mark Ingram II, RB, New Orleans Saints (Rostered in 61.9% of leagues) 

John Kalemkerian- 

Who to Start: Christian Kirk, WR, Arizona Cardinals

Who leads the Arizona Cardinals in both receiving yards and fantasy points this season? Probably three-time All-Pro DeAndre Hopkins, right? No? Ok, then it has to be seven-time Pro Bowler A.J. Green. No?? It's actually four-year veteran Christian Kirk, who has not only started every game for Arizona, but is quietly putting together a top-20 wideout campaign. Kirk will be a primary beneficiary of Kyler Murray’s likely return this week against the Seahawks, and the Cardinals offense will be looking to bounce back from a dismal performance against the Panthers where Colt McCoy struggled mightily under center. At this point, Kirk should be locked in as a weekly starter, especially if Hopkins sits again with a nagging hamstring injury.

Who to Sit: DJ Moore, WR, Carolina Panthers

Through the first four weeks of the season, DJ Moore was a top five fantasy wide receiver and every manager who snagged him in the fourth or fifth round was ecstatic. As someone who drafted Moore in one of my leagues, I can now say that the biggest managerial error of the season was not trading him while his value was sky-high. Moore has crashed back down to earth, crossing the double-digit fantasy point threshold just twice in the past six weeks. Poor quarterback play is the major culprit. With the Panthers likely to give Cam Newton the majority of the snaps this week against the WFT, Moore has the potential to regain at least some of his early-season value. Even so, I’d leave him on the bench this week, especially with the number of solid WR options out there at this point in the season. 

Who to Pick Up: Rhamondre Stevenson, RB, New England Patriots (Rostered in 27.4% of leagues)

Gehrig Smalstig- 

Who to Start: Rashod Bateman, WR, Baltimore Ravens

If there's a midseason waiver wire receiver that could end up making a big impact come playoff time, I think Bateman is the guy. The Ravens offense has been missing a receiver that can run the full route tree and be a dependable red zone or third down target since Lamar's arrival, and the rookie out of Minnesota has all of the talent to fill that role. While Mark Andrews and Marquise Brown will still get their fair share, Bateman brings something to the table that demands getting him the ball. This is evidenced by his workload since coming off of IR, seeing  6+ targets in each of his 4 starts, leading to three straight double digit performances. The Ravens also face a Bears defense that is much better against the run than the pass, which could force Lamar to air it out more in this week's matchup.

Who to Sit: Kyle Pitts, TE, Atlanta Falcons

The Falcons should be motivated to bounce back in a big way after getting throttled by the Cowboys in week 10. Unfortunately, they have to run into one of the more disciplined and well-rounded teams in the league in the New England Patriots. I expect the Pats to run the ball well, keeping the ball out of Matt Ryan's hands, while also exposing the holes that the Falcons have at O-line and receiver. Pitts will likely see double coverage much of the day and remain in this midseason slump that he has fallen into the past three weeks. 

Who to Pick Up: Kalif Raymond, WR, Detroit Lions (Rostered in 5.5% of Leagues)

Jamison Cook-

Who to Start: Devonta Smith, WR, Philadelphia Eagles

The reigning Heisman winner has finally rounded into form in the last two weeks, and he has put up great numbers on a limited number of targets. Smith has seen six targets in each of the last two weeks, but he has used them to record 22.6 fantasy points in both contests. He has three touchdowns in two games, and the connection between himself and QB Jalen Hurts has been strengthening in recent weeks. The targets have been there all season for Smith, so if he can get more looks as the season progresses, the number of touchdowns and amount of yards should only go up. With another winnable game against the Saints on the horizon for the Eagles, look for Hurts to rely on his favorite target as Philadelphia tries to keep improving. I like Smith against the Saints defense in Week 11, so make sure he is locked into your starting lineup.

Terry McLaurin, WR, Washington Football Team

While McLaurin has been seeing the targets, he has not accumulated the yards to rack up solid fantasy performances. The touchdowns have also been very few and far between, making for even more lackluster score lines. QB Taylor Heinicke may be fun to watch, but his presence doesn’t give a ton of fantasy upside for his receivers.RB Antonio Gibson looked a lot better this week as well, allowing WFT to lean more on the run this week and going forward. To make matters worse, the Panthers defense had a field day against the Cardinals this week, and they will look to make life tough for Heinicke and McLaurin once again. I don’t like McLaurin this week, so keep the receiver on your bench and monitor him closely going forward. 

Who To Pick Up: Dan Arnold, TE, Jacksonville Jaguars (Rostered in 26.1% of leagues)