Saturday, July 27, 2024

Beaudreau stars as Irish kick off season at Boilermaker Classic

The Notre Dame women’s golf team participated in the Boilermaker Classic, a three-round tournament hosted by Purdue University from Sep. 4-5. In their first tournament of the season, the Irish finished fifth among 15 teams with a total score of 879 (+15).

The best performer for Notre Dame was graduate student Lauren Beaudreau. She tied for fourth in the individual standings, shooting 211 (-5). Beaudreau shot a team-low score of 67 in the third round, carding 7 birdies. Before that, she went bogey-free in the second round, shooting a 70 (-2). Based on her early returns, Beaudreau should serve as a key competitor for this year's team.

Among the remaining Irish golfers, freshman Anna Heck tied for 17th place in the individual standings with a score of 219 (+3). Junior Montgomery Ferreira finished tied for 22nd with a score of 221 (+5). Freshman Mimi Burton tied for 34th place with a score of 224 (+8), while senior Chloe Schiavone tied for 51st place with a score of 228 (+12). Finally, graduate student Nina Rissi tied for 68th with a score of 232 (+16).

Next, the Fighting Irish will travel to Michigan to compete in the Mary Fossum Invitational hosted by Michigan State. Notre Dame's second competition will take place Sep. 17 and 18 at Forest Akers West Golf Course.