Scene's Top Video Picks

The "Stuff _____ Say" videos have exploded as a Youtube meme recently. Look at your Facebook newsfeed — it's likely littered with them. The interesting thing is that there's probably very little overlap. There's a "Stuff _____ Say" for everyone suddenly: hipsters, Chicagoans, yoga people, moms. The list goes on. Here are some of the most popular and relevant "Stuff ____ Say" videos out there.

Stuff Girls Say (Episodes 1-3) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-yLGIH7W9Y)

The video that started it all is now a series. Yes, a lot of it is generalized, but you likely know a girl (or are a girl) who has at least said some of it. And with three videos and more on the way, there's virtually no chance you or a girl you know can escape unrepresented. If you missed the beginning of the trend, you can catch up and see why these videos inspired a new generation of Youtube videos. Example phrase: "I had such a good sleep!"

Stuff White Girls Say to Black Girls (www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylPUzxpIBe0)

The videoblogger and comedienne Franchesca Ramsey, who created the video, told NPR she did it not only for laughs, but to put people who are "culturally sheltered" on the receiving end of statements like, "Is your hair real?" Example phrase: "Why isn't there a White Entertainment Television?"

Stuff Single Girls Say (www.youtube.com/watch?v=47aS3uSCHLc)

We all have (or have been) that single friend who is, at least in principle, happy to be single. We all have (or have been) that guy friend who loves to tease that girl for the things she says about being single. Then there's the creator of this video, who donned a wig and put those things on the Internet. Example phrase: "I hate Valentine's Day."

Stuff RAs Say (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5XA7_8_FvA)

This video should resound with ND students. The ever-present, ever-cheerful RA who is somehow ALWAYS on duty is the subject of this video. You've probably heard your RA say these things approximately 100 times in the past week alone, and you love them for it. Example phrase: "Sorry, I'm on duty!"