DormDrinks to start delivering to SMC

DormDrinks, a company founded and staffed by Notre Dame students, has officially expanded their services to Saint Mary's College.

DormDrinks sells food and beverages and delivers to students on campus, according to its website.

Co-owner and senior Chase Kelly said DormDrinks has been a popular choice for Notre Dame students for the past five years because of its convenience and low prices.

Co-owner and senior Norbert McMahon said DormDrinks helps students who do not have cars by delivering products straight to their doors.

"One of the primary reasons that DormDrinks was founded is because a lot of students don't have of cars and can't pick up food or drinks at their own convenience," he said.

Unlike on-campus convenience stores, DormDrinks provides items in bulk at discounted prices, McMahon said.

"Although you can buy food and drinks from Notre Dame's Huddle or Saint Mary's Cyber Café, the prices there are dramatically inflated and expensive," he said.

"We make things convenient and keep you from spending a lot of money."

DormDrink's primary distributor is Sam's Club, Kelly said.  

"We have a good relationship with them because we've been working them from the start five years ago," he said.

Not only does DormDrinks help quench students' thirst and hunger, it also gives students job opportunities.

DormDrinks services should be well-received by Saint Mary's students because about 70 percent of their current customers are female, McMahon said.

McMahon said students can set up a personal account with DormDrinks.

"Either your parents can make an order directly for you or they can put money on your dorm drink account and use those dollars to buy whatever you chose," he said.

As a special promotion, DormDrinks is offering Saint Mary's students a 25 percent discount off all Nestle Pure Life Water, Kelly said.

DormDrinks has also added new items to their list of provided items including workout supplements, cups, pitchers, batteries, cleaning and laundry supplies, McMahon said.

"This semester we have expanded our services to try and include everything you might need in the dorms," he said.