Timeline of a Breakup

It was the breakup heard round the world. Brad and Jennifer for the tween set. This weekend, when reps for the couple confirmed that Selena Gomez had indeed ended her relationship with Justin Bieber, girls around the world rejoiced that their man (boy) was single once again. For all of you who haven't been paying attention, we've provided a timeline to get you up to speed. 

Jan. 3, 2011 - When pictures of the couple kissing in St. Lucia surfaced, hints of a possible romance became much more concrete, though the two never confirmed it. 

Feb. 13, 2011 - Rumors continue to swirl after Selena gives Justin a huge hug following his Grammy performance. 

Feb. 27, 2011 - The couple makes their official debut at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party in matching black and red outfits. If it was a secret before, it wasn't any longer after the two took sweet PDA pictures in the party's photo booth.

May 23, 2011 - Selena and Justin vacation in Hawaii and make no attempt to hide their relationship, kissing in the waves in front of the paparazzi. 

June 19, 2011 - Justin gets a little touchy-feely on the stage of the MuchMusic Video Awards in Toronto while Selena was presenting awards. 

Sept. 23, 2011 - Bieber puts every boyfriend to shame by renting out the Staples Center in Los Angeles for a private screening of "Titanic." 

Nov. 4, 2011 - Bieber talks to Ellen DeGeneres about his girlfriend saying, "She has very kissable cheeks." That explains all the PDA. 

Nov. 20, 2011 - The couple takes to the red carpet of the American Music Awards in matching old Hollywood glam styles. 

Dec. 8, 2011 - Selena and Justin attend a friend's wedding in Cabo San Lucas together and once again steal the show, mackin' it after the ceremony. 

April 21, 2012 - Selena visits the set of Bieber's "Boyfriend" music video where his love interest in the video looks strikingly like Selena herself. Selena didn't feel threatened, however, and the two were on PDA overload as usual. 

June 16, 2012 - Biebs treats Selena to a helicopter tour of his homeland of Canada, just a casual afternoon out. 

July 2, 2012 - Gomez was reportedly seen crying over Justin at Ashley Tisdale's birthday party. 

Nov. 7, 2012 - Bieber performs at the Victoria's Secret Fashion show and is linked to 19-year-old Hungarian model Barbara Palvin. He was seen in a photo with Palvin and rapper Lil' Twist that was later taken down but not before Selena reposted the shot with the caption "...". 

Nov. 10, 2012 - After weeks of rumors, the couple announces that they have indeed split. 

After almost two years it's hard to say goodbye to this power couple, but we'll do our best to keep our heads up.

Contact Courtney Cox at ccox3@nd.edu