Klau Center announces Terrence Floyd as speaker for Race Relations Week

Terrence Floyd, the brother of George Floyd, will speak at an event hosted by the Klau Center for Civil and Human Rights and by student government Oct. 6. The event offers both in-person attendance in the Dahnke Ballroom and virtual attendance options for members of the Notre Dame community.

In the wake of his brother’s murder at the hands of Derek Chauvin, Terrence Floyd has dedicated his life to honoring George’s memory and using his platform to uplift and empower others. He is the founder of We Are Floyd, a Brooklyn-based nonprofit dedicated to honoring the life of George Floyd through community service and leadership. He is also a board member of The George Floyd Memorial Foundation, Inc., a nonprofit committed to ending systemic racism.

The Klau Center for Civil and Human Rights, student government and Multicultural Student Programs and Services are sponsoring “Speaking for My Brother: Terrence Floyd on the Fight for Racial Justice.” Floyd will reflect upon his brother’s life and participate in a discussion on proactive solutions for ending racial and structural inequality. The discussion will be moderated by Allan Njomo, student body president.

The free but ticketed event begins at 7 p.m. and registration is required. In-person seating is limited and reservations can be made on the Klau Center’s website.