Campus Safety reports three instances of off-campus sexual battery

On Saturday morning, members of the Saint Mary’s community received an email about reported cases of off-campus sexual assault from director of Saint Mary’s Campus Safety Phil Bambenek.

Three Saint Mary’s community members reported separate acts of sexual battery, all perpetrated by the same individual, at an off-campus party on West Corby Blvd. Friday night.

Bambenek said the students all described the same college-aged male, who they did not know. The man “forcefully groped them, attempted to kiss them without consent and tried to remove or reach into their clothing without permission.” The attacker was physically removed from a woman he had assaulted by other people at the party at least once, he added.

The South Bend Police Department has been notified and is investigating the crime, Bambenek said. Anyone with further information about the crime is asked to contact either the South Bend Police or Campus Safety.

This news comes after Friday night’s email notifying students of an off-campus sexual assault, also from Bambenek.

Information for sexual assault prevention and resources for survivors can be found through the Belles Against Violence Office (BAVO) at 574-284-4081 or the Campus Safety Department.

Information about sexual assault prevention and resources for survivors of sexual assault are available online from NDSP and from the Title IX office.