Michael Masi | Tim Scanlan

Who they are: Presidential candidate Michael Masi is a junior from Siegfried Hall and current director of University Affairs for student government. His running mate, Tim Scanlan, is a sophomore from Morrissey Manor, current president of Sophomore Class Council and former Freshman Class Council president.

Masi hopes to leverage his student government experience to effectively tackle a wide range of goals relating to diversity, student life and community engagement.

"This campaign is really about fostering a community that is welcoming and inclusive. We believe in the Notre Dame family a lot," he said. "We're seeking a Notre Dame that fosters and develops habits of the mind, body and spirit."

First priority: Masi said his first plan of action is to ensure his team within student government is cohesive and efficient.

"The first priority I think takes place before we get into office," Masi said. "It's about putting together a team and uniting the Student Union," Masi said. "By putting together the team that can accomplish the vision that we set out here."

Top priority: Scanlan said the ticket's most important goal is also the one they are most passionate about.

"I think our social justice forum which we have planned is absolutely one of the more time-intensive things," Scanlan said. "That brings students into an academic setting where they can truly present what they've been working on. Students here at Notre Dame and across the area are very passionate about what they do [addressing social concerns] and we want to give them a formal opportunity to present that."

Best idea: The Intercollegiate Forum on Social Justice is intended to bring students from other colleges to campus for student-led presentations on social concerns projects. If instituted, this could be a meaningful opportunity for connecting like-minded students and facilitating collaboration across universities.

Worst idea: Potentially establishing freshmen sections within dorms.

Most feasible: Individual student tickets to basketball games, Domer Dollars in dorm restaurants.

Least feasible: Guaranteed housing for transfer students, additional chain restaurants on campus. Residence halls are dealing with forced triples as it is, and bringing restaurants on campus often takes years.

Notable quote: "It's a comprehensive vision [and we have] all the experience to do it. We want to come together as one family with one mission and create one Notre Dame and be united, inclusive and supportive." - Masi

Fun facts: Masi is from Greeley, Colo., described in a "South Park" episode as the exact opposite of Hawaii and referenced in "Fast Food Nation," which claims you can smell the town before you can see it.

Scanlan is from New Orleans and had never missed Mardi Gras before coming to Notre Dame.

Bottom line: The Masi-Scalan ticket has by far the most experience within student government. If elected, the duo would likely hit the ground running. While many of their goals are lofty and broad, much of their platform is rooted in specific and achievable policies.